Wednesday 10 August 2011

New ideas in the room

I need to take pictures of my room soon!

Today the two shelving units were built and put up.  I'm waiting for the last two shelves and then H is going to put wheels on them (I have to buy the wheels).  I noticed that my rug is big enough for the space.  If I buy another one I will have no room for tables!  The tables are up and in place.  I also noticed that my map station, which is on wheels, is perfect for holding my projector.  I can just wheel the projector away when I'm not using it.  Very functional.


This picture is very similar to my map cabinet except that I have a full piece of wood on the top that holds the projector.  Then I have my 6 continent puzzles and Canada underneath.  I don't have Antarctica cause there is no point, it would be one giant puzzle piece.  I am missing the world map though.  I'd like to find who has that. 

So what is left?  I have to buy 2 more shelves, 1 comfy chair for my carpet area, 20 or so storage bins for the kids school supplies, and a hardware storage unit for my Math Cards.  These are my most pressing needs.  I also need to check on how many storage baskets I need for Montessori cards etc, that are without a holder and get some patio lantern lights for my ceiling.  I'm going to try that idea.

S and V were also in setting up their rooms and we all went with black and white for our bulletin board colours.  I have to finish one more board and then put borders around them.  I have decided that the back two white bulletin boards will be for the kids framed work (they choose), the front two black bulletin boards will be for things the kids want to put up (on lined chart paper, like spelling words, ideas etc.)  The final Black bulletin board will be for birthday charts, information of importance, notices etc.  I am going to put their mailboxes right under that board so it will be a great place for parents to find up to date notices, info and maybe a list of items we need or volunteer sign ups.  So far that is the plan!

I find each time I go in my room I find something I don't really need or want to alter.  I have PILES of textbooks I'm not going to use.  I think I'll keep a few for reference books and take the rest to the storage rooms.  I have three areas of clutter to finish, one is a pile on my filing cabinet of random books I don't need and outdated Encyclopedias, one is my filing cabinet, and the other is my computer table which is piled with other text books I don't need.  My filing cabinet was reorganized this year.  It is at bare minimum.  I have files for each subject and put anything of interest in there.  The next drawer is files for events like Sports Day, Track, etc that always come up in the year.  Everything is alphabetical so it's easy to find.  I have two bottom drawers that are random crap that needs to be sorted, cause I just through stuff in there throughout the year.

Whew!  It's a big job but I love the minimalist look of the room and the clutter free feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment