Saturday 2 July 2011

The Ikea Shelf

This is a photo of the Expedit shelf from Ikea.  This was taken in September of last year after I set it up at the front of my room.  As you can see it is wood coloured and fits right under my white board!  I have bought 2 more of these and removed the little rainbow coloured drawer set on the side.  That whole wall will have these shelves across it!  They are very large storage cubes and have depth as well.  I find the top of the shelving smooth and very easy to clean.  I am hoping to store the children's supplies and projects in these areas.

As you can see my room was quite colourful.  For this year I am putting away the colours and going with brown and white for boards so the kids can write on them.  I am also going to purchase or have a friend make some student frames so THEY can post their own work.  I will save my posters and equipment for learning times only.

Last thought for today.  Should I mount my projector?  I always have to move the desk it's on and line it up correctly.  But if it was mounted to the ceiling, I wouldn't have this problem.  My screen is already mounted so it's not moving.  What do you think?  Pros and cons?  Hmmm.

Oh and check out the photo above.  Do you see the GIANT white tubing that clutters up my ceiling.  Yup that is the heating system.  It makes using the top parts of the walls impossible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment