Saturday 30 July 2011

Lamps purchased

Spent some time at Ikea this morning.  The lamps that I showed in my previous posts are unfortunately NOT plug in style, so I have bought 4 globe style lamps for four dollars a piece.  You have to buy the plug set up for 7.00 and then you buy the lights and then the shade that goes around the bulb is 4 bucks.  Overall I spent 60 dollars on the lighting.  I'm going to keep the receipts just in case I can either get reimbursed OR need to return them.

Here is the plan.  I'm going to go into the class and check to see if the ceiling outlets are random or attached to a switch.  I do have a slight problem.  If the outlets run separately then I have NO way of switching the lights off unless I climb up and unplug them.  This does not seem like a good idea to me.  Now, if the outlets are connected to the light switches then I have a way to turn them off and on, but I still have to leave my flourescents on because they are on the same switch.

I'm now debating, do I go ahead with the lamps or just return them?  What is the point of the lamps?  I wanted to give the room a more home like glow then the business/factory lights I already have.  But if I have to deal with both then really, what is the point?  What if the lamps CAN be set to work without the flourescent tubes?  Will they give enough light to work with?  Hmmmm.  Perhaps I am only going for the Look for the lighting and not it's practicality?  What is the purpose of the lights?  If the purpose is to light the classroom like a home and I can't do that technically then I will return the lights. 

I also have a problem with my rug.  It's not big enough.  I can't return it because I've been reimbursed for it already.  So my solution is to buy a second rug.  But I can't get one in the same colour.  What to do, what to do.  Does it matter if the colours match?  The purpose of the rug is to have a large enough area for my entire class to sit comfortably and listen to the morning/afternoon lesson before going to do their independent work.  So it needs to be large and comfortable.  It's shag and feels great. 

Also did a check on the math cards I ordered.  They should be in this week some time!  I can't wait!  Very excited to get a hold of those cards.

Next on my shopping list:  the Ikea shelving units which I KNOW I need.  I may be returning the lamps at that point as I'm really beginning to doubt the need for them.

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered blog hopping in order to get more followers? Just a thought...Here's a link if you're interested:

    http://greenmissionmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/super-stalker-sunday_30.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MamaOnAGreenMission+%28Mama+on+a+Green+Mission%29

    ReplyDelete